How to apply for an Australian VISA?
The Student (Temporary) Visa has separate sub-classes for each education sector. You should apply under the visa sub-class for your principal course of study. Select a visa subclass which is appropriate for the purpose of your travel to Australia and download the relevant visa application form.
Generally, Indian students who go for a 2 year Master's degree fit in Subclass 574
Student visa sub-classes
1. Subclass 570 - Independent ELICOS Sector
For international students undertaking ELICOS (English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students) as a stand-alone course, and not as a prerequisite to commencing another course (for example, a degree course)
2. Subclass 571 - Schools
International students applying to study in Australia and whose main course of study is:
- a primary school course
- a secondary school course, including junior and senior secondary or
- an approved secondary school exchange program
3. Subclass 572 - Vocational education and training (VET) sector
Covers Certificate I, II, III and IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma
4. Subclass 573 - Higher education sector
Covers a Bachelor degree, Graduate Certificate, and Graduate diploma
5. Subclass 574 - Masters and PhD sector
Covers a Masters degree by coursework or by research, and a PhD degree
6. Subclass 575 - Non-award foundation studies/other sectors
Covers foundation, bridging or other courses that do not lead to the award of a degree, diploma or other formal awards.
7. Subclass 576 - AusAID or Defence sponsored sector
Covers full-time studies that are undertaken by AusAID or Defence-sponsored students for the whole or part of an education or training course offered by an Australian education provider
Your visa application may require supporting documentation, which you will have to ensure to submit correctly and also in the required time with no delay. Delay in submitting will delay the VISA processing time.
Paying your VISA Fee. The fee can be paid through the various mode of payment:
- Credit/Debit Card, Cash or by Demand Draft favouring “Australian High Commission, New Delhi”.
- Applicants sending in their applications by post can pay the visa fee in the form of Demand draft favouring “Australian High Commission” payable at New Delhi.
Booking an appointment.
Before you make an appointment, you will have to submit the application first. Only then should you book the appointment. If a document is not in English then you must get it translated by a certified translation.
What is the fee for Australian VISA?
Documents required for Australian VISA.
- Complete application form (if it is via paper then it should be signed)
- Passport - Original and photocopy
- Acceptance letter from the university
- Financial documents(bank statements, affidavit of support etc) The amount should be equal to the entire year of stay and tuition fee for your course
- Health insurance that is accepted by the Australian Govt,
- TOEFL®/IELTS® test score sheets
- Proof of any Criminal record verification
- VISA application fee proof